Chef’s Recipe: Ray Porcellato’s Cloud 9 Ginger Snaps
For an Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag cookbook review of Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking, we invited Ray Porcellato, owner/chef of Cloud 9 Bakery to judge our menu. And he shared this yummy gluten-free dessert recipe with us too!
Makes 12-18 cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups Cloud 9 Baking Mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp ginger
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- Sift dry ingredients and set aside.
- Beat oil, sugar and eggs on medium speed until mixture is smooth and light.
- Add molasses and mix, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl to blend well.
- On low speed, mix in the dry ingredients to make a firm cookie dough.
- Cover and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Use ice cream scoop to make rounded balls and roll in sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.