Contest Rules & Regulations
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Getaway with A&K to Vancouver Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on November 26, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on January 2, 2013 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec). To enter, you must be at least the age of majority in the province or territory in which you reside at the time of entry. You are not eligible if you are an employee of Worldwide Bag Media Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies, the independent contest organization, or a member of any such individual’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or with persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” means a parent, sibling, child or spouse.
3. HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. Visit http://www.annaandkristina.com (the “Contest Website”) and enter your valid email address, first name, last name, city, and province into the contest entry box titled “Getaway with A&K to Vancouver Contest”. Limit: One (1) entry per person. Duplication may result in disqualification.
4. DRAWING: On or about January 3, 2013, a selected entrant will be chosen by random draw. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. GENERAL: You must have a valid e-mail address to register on the Contest Website and to enter the Contest. E-mail accounts can be obtained free of charge from many Internet service providers. In the case of a dispute, Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entries must be submitted by the entrant him- or herself. Automated, scripted or robotic entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices may result in disqualification and the deletion of your entry into the contest. Incomplete Entries will be voided. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt.
5. PRIZES: There is one (1) Grand Prize to be won.
Grand Prize: The Grand Prize consists of a one-night getaway in Vancouver, BC. Specifically, the Grand Prize includes round trip economy air transportation for two (2), from the major commercial airport in Canada closest to the winner’s residence to Vancouver, a one (1) night stay at the Opus Hotel in Vancouver, BC (double occupancy), European Style Continental Breakfast Buffet for two (2) at La Pentola della Quercia, dinner for two at CinCin Restaurant (with Anna and Kristina), and one (1) $500 Cadillac Fairview Shop! Card®. If winner resides within a 100-mile radius of destination, ground transportation may be awarded in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Transportation to and from the airport, to and from the hotel and restaurant, insurance, any other meals, and any other costs or expenses not specifically listed here are not included in the Grand Prize and are the responsibility of the winner. The Grand Prize winner must comply with all hotel and airline check-in requirements, including but not limited to the presentation of a major credit card. Value of dinner will not exceed $250 and does not include gratuities. The Cadillac Fairview Shop! Card® can only be redeemed at the Pacific Centre Cadillac Fairview mall in Vancouver. Hotel and dinner reservations must be made by April 15, 2013 and used by May 15, 2013 or the prize will be forfeited. For Anna and Kristina to be included, reservations must be confirmed with them first for availability. Reservations must be made through Sponsor and are subject to availability. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize: $3,500, based on sample Toronto departure, hotel, breakfast, dinner, and gift card. Actual value will vary, depending on point of departure.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Selected entrants will be notified by e-mail or by telephone. If a selected entrant cannot be reached within seven (7) days of the first attempted contact, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant at Sponsor’s discretion.
7. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: To be declared a winner, a selected entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered online through the Contest Website or by telephone, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The selected entrants will also be required to sign a Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”), confirming compliance with these Official Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing the Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with the Contest. The Release Forms must be completed and returned to Sponsor within the time period specified on the Release Forms or the prize will be forfeited. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and cannot be transferred or substituted, whether in cash or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute another prize or component of a prize of equal or greater monetary value, without liability, in the event that a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering, entrant releases, discharges, indemnifies and agrees to hold harmless Released Parties from any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest or any contest-related activity or from the acceptance or use of any prize. Released Parties will not be responsible for late, lost, corrupt, garbled, incomplete or destroyed entries and all such entries are void. Released Parties will not be liable for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries; (b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or the Contest Website; (c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses, trojan horses, worms, or bugs; (d) any failure of any electronic submission to be received by or from Sponsor for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; or (e) damage to an entrant’s or other person’s system occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest.
10. GENERAL: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, any independent contest organization and/or Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects related to this Contest. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time, in whole or in part and in any manner, without prior notice or any liability. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason the Contest is not capable of operating as contemplated by these Official Rules, whether due to tampering, infection by computer virus, or for any other reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and may select eligible entrants from those entries received prior to the cancellation. This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.