I Don’t Get It?!
I've been on the planet for a while now, but to paraphrase Socrates, the older I get, the less I understand. Here are a few head scratchers I've been puzzling over.
1. Why do you drive in a parkway and park in the driveway?
2. Will that mint dental floss really go bad?
3. Is this the best name they could have come up with? Granted you won’t forget it, but do you really want these muffins in your grocery basket?
4. You call a restaurant to make a reservation. They call you the day before to confirm the reservation. They want you to call back to reconfirm the confirmation. How about just a reminder, folks?
5. The below is a women’s clothing store, selling casual items like workout wear. It’s called “One Tooth.” Anyone?
6. If it’s mouse – mice, why can’t it be house – hice? And a few more English language idiosyncracises like this here.
7. Where do the socks go? I put my whole head in the washing machine and the dryer and still can’t find them.
8. Why do people on TV pull each other aside to discuss something private in a roomful of other people?
9. Where is the ham in a hamburger?
What about you? Have any to add to my list?