Chef’s Recipe: Harley Pasternak’s Caribbean Kale Smoothie
For an Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag episode on the Engine 2 Diet cookbook, celebrity trainer and nutritionist Harley Pasternak was our guest. He shared with us his recipe for a great smoothie that includes the powerhouse nutrition of kale.
Coconut extract adds a taste of the tropics to this satisfying drink.
Technique tip: For ease in blending, use crushed ice.
Fat: 2 grams (5%)
Carbs: 56 grams (72%)
Protein: 26 grams (33%)
Fiber: 9 grams
• 1 cup chopped kale
• 1 small frozen banana, chopped
• 1 cup frozen mango chunks
• 2 tablespoons unflavored protein powder
• 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
• 1 cup ice cubes or chips
• In blender or food processor, blend all ingredients until of desired consistency.